Y’all…..This was so good. I wasn’t sure how it would come out, but it’s definitely a new favorite.
This crockpot honey garlic chicken recipe is definitely asian style, but I feel a hawaiian vibe to it, too, honestly. It was delicious, and you can watch the video below for it as well!
What You Need
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 green onions
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Toasted sesame seeds
How To Make It
- Mix your soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, ginger, sesame oil, and green onions into a bowl and mix. For the green onions, I used mainly the white part and saved the green for garnishing at the end.
- Place your chicken in the crock pot and pour the mix over top of it. Let sit until cooked, it took mine about three hours.
- Remove chicken and shred it.
- Remove a few tablespoons (I did about 6) of the sauce in the crock pot and mix it with 1-1/2 tbsp of cornstarch. Place back in the crock pot.
- Put the shredded chicken back into the crock pot and mix. The sauce should be thicker now than it was before and should sink into the chicken.
- Enjoy! I added the green onions, toasted sesame seeds, and some pineapple slices to garnish and it was a HIT at our house!