Everyone loves peanut butter cookies. Here’s a take on the classic recipe…with Reese’s baked into the inside!
What You’ll Need:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
20 miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups
- First, you want to combine the flour, salt and baking soda in one bowl.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and regular sugar together in a separate bowl. Mix in the peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until mixture is smooth.
- Chill the cookie dough in fridge for at least one hour. I chilled mine overnight, which works the best in my opinion.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take one tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Press the Reese’s into the center, then place another tablespoon ball overtop of the Reese’s. Press into the dough on the top and bottom so it doesn’t fall over while baking (learned from experience). See photo above for example on what they should look like!
- Bake in the oven. Check in 10 minutes, but mine took an extra 5 minutes because they were large. Use a fork to press the top down while they are still soft, especially if the Reese’s is spilling out anywhere.
- Let them cool and then enjoy! They look light regular peanut butter cookies, which everyone loves. However, they have the best surprise inside.