These roasted pecans have quickly become a favorite in my home, and they’re super easy!
What You Need:
2 cups pecan halves
1 egg white
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Mix cinnamon, sugar and salt in one bowl. I added the vanilla at this point to make more of a glaze, but putting with vanilla with the wet ingredients instead will make it more of a sugar coating.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg white and until frothy.
- Coat the pecans in the egg white.
- Add the sugar mixture little by little to coat the pecans.
- Place the pecans on a cookie sheet. I added some extra brown sugar and cinnamon overtop of them before placing them in the oven.
- Bake between 45 minutes to one hour, stirring them around every 15 minutes or so. They should be fairly soft when they are done.