So Ipsy has disappointed me a bit lately. However, it’s a new year and I’m hopeful for my January bag! Ipsy is a $10 monthly beauty subscription where you get sample to deluxe sized products to try out! Let’s see…
This month’s bag is a metallic silvery-gray and was inspired by skyscrapers. It’s a pretty bag- I’ll never be able to use all the ones I get though! I’ll probably try to use this one since it’s pretty cute.
Upon opening the bag, I see that I got the usual 5 products to try out.
1. The Balm Cosmetics Bahama Mama Bronzer. Now, I actually really want to try some Balm cosmetics, so this is cool! It’s too small for me to get a bronzer brush into it, but I’m sure I can use it as an eyeshadow or get a smaller brush into it for something like a nose contour. As you can tell below, it’s a pretty and natural matte bronzer that can fit a lot of skin tones. The full size is $20.
2. SLMissGlam. Out of the brushed I’ve seen on her website, they retail for at least $15.50 per brush and sets get pretty pricey. I’ve never had brushes from SL Miss Glam, but I am really excited about this item! I love receiving makeup brushes from makeup boxes so I can try them out without having to buy them- no matter the brush type, you can never have too many!
3. Real Chemistry 3 Minute Peel. While I like masks and stuff, I’m not excited for this item. I’ve received it before and it’s just not one of the ones I’m excited for. The full size, however, is $48. I doubt I’d ever pay that.
4. IT Cosmetics Under Eye Illumination Concealer. I love IT Cosmetics and have really wanted to try more of their products! I’ve have the illumination foundation and the regular under eye concealer and loved them both, so this is my top item from the entire box! As you can see below, they matched it to my skin tone pretty well for the under eyes! It’s a thick formula so a small amount will go a long way. It’s a good sized sample that I’ll actually get to use multiple times. The full size is around $24.
5. Temptu Smooth and Matte Primer. Now, I do like getting primers. This one is a little weird in the way it’s presented. That being said, I will definitely try it out. The full size is around $35.
So overall, I’m getting a little faith back in Ipsy! This bag was better than many of my past ones. The only item I am not happy with is the 3 minute face peel. I’m super excited for the concealer and the crease brush, and the mini bronzer and primer aren’t and items to give a try to either!
What did you get in your Ipsy?
Last month’s Ipsy unboxing: https://asprettyasapeach.com/2017/01/06/ipsy-unboxing-december-2016/