This has quickly become a favorite for me for the fall and winter time! It makes a ton and is actually even better re-heated the second day. Best part? There’s nothing to feel bad about! This Quinoa chili is so good, but also perfectly healthy.
What you’ll need:
1 c (more if you want) Quinoa, soaked overnight and rinsed
2 Cans Black beans
1 Can red beans
1 can corn
1 can tomato sauce
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cups vegetable stock/broth
*optional* 2 chicken breasts, cooked.
Onion (I use chopped onion)
3 Garlic cloves or Garlic powder (I use garlic salt)
Salt and Papper
1 TBSP Worcestershire
For the spices, honestly use as much or as little as you want. Start small, taste, and build up, because I don’t measure when it comes to those things. I always add more cumin and chili powder throughout until I get the taste I desire!
- If you want to add chicken, cook them in the oven while you prepare the chili.
- The quinoa should be soaked overnight and rinsed. After you make the chili, it’ll taste even better the second day because the quinoa will be soaking in the spices and juices from the chili again! Put your quinoa in the crock pot.
- Add the vegetable stock, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Rinse all cans of beans and add them in.
- Start adding some spices- start small. You can taste and add more later, but I like to add at least 1 tbsp of each in the beginning so everything is cooking in the spices!
- Mix and let everything cook in crock pot. I usually leave it there for around three hours.
- When you’re ready to eat, add the amount of spices you want for the taste. I add a lot of everything listed above! About ten minutes before you’re ready to eat, shred the chicken and add it in. Also add in the corn.
You are now ready for your delicious and healthy fall/winter meal! We just freeze our leftovers and have it whenever we want.